If content is king, then why do digital marketers make great actors? They nail impressions.
And a great way to boost impressions and engagement is a solid content strategy that feels natural – an effective method of doing this is creating a narrative or story. In doing so, your content will feel authentic, engaging and tailored to your target audience.
Here’s a couple of reasons why content marketing is KING –
- Informs your prospects about your offerings
- Defines your unique selling points
- Builds relationships
- Boosts brand loyalty
- Creates a community
- Establishes how your offerings can solve their challenges
- Fosters trust and credibility
- Sparks interest
Firstly before crafting your content we need to consider the following?
- Who’s your target audience for your video content?
- What problem will you be solving for your audience(s)?
- What makes your brand unique?
- What content formats will you focus on? Video (hint, hint!)
- What channels will you be publishing on?
- How will you manage content creation and publication?
So once you have considered all of that… now consider if a vegan and a SEO guru walk into a bar… who talks about organic first? Just jokes! The following explores the next steps in developing your content strategy –
- Define your goal, what’s your aim/ purpose for the content and why are you creating it?
- Conduct persona research / determine your target market and or develop various
- Run a content audit – what has worked in the past? What content has had great engagement?
- Amplification strategy – what channels will you be publishing content on?
- Brainstorm, brainstorm, brainstorm!
- This is when the magic happens – create and publish!
- Measure – always reflect on metrics to analysis performance.
And finally, one last joke… why did the woman dump her marketer boyfriend? Lack of engagement. On a serious note, according to HubSpot research over 50 per cent of consumers say they want to see more videos from brands they interact with. Better again, evidence shows that video marketing is a powerful tool to boost conversions, improve ROI, builds credibility and relationships
Please give us a bell to discuss integrating video in your marketing toolbox – we would love to brainstorm ideas to produce content marketing for your brand.